Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Lamp Under a Jar

As I start this blog for our family, I was reminded of my quiet time passage yesterday in Luke chaper 8. Jesus is talking to the disciples and discusses how silly it would be to have a light and then put it under a jar. "No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a jar or puts in under a bed, but puts it on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light." It made me hope and pray that this blog will somehow be a light to others from our family. I pray that others that read this will see our love for Jesus and His love for them.
Many of my friends have started blogs about their families in the past year, and honestly I never really thought about starting one until this past week or so. I am very computer challenged (David could tell everyone how often I had to get him to help to even create this page :). But as our family is entering this new stage in our life with David looking for a new church to minister, and as we spend the next several months preparing to welcome baby #3; it just seemed like a great time to let our friends and family in on our lives on a more personal level. I look forward to blogging about our lives, our girls, and our relationship with Jesus over the weeks and months....may our light be visible for all to see!

2 comments:

Icie Hood said...

Thanks Carra I will read every word you write . Hope to be a part of your life no matter where you are living. Love all of you
Icie

Fat Shark said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your pictures Carra. Ya'll are great friends and brothers and sisters in the Lord. Please keep in touch!